Dan Kelly from Dank Media put together this great video recap of #LPGROW on August 17, 2011 featuring interviews by the lovely What’s Trending Host and Fellow Canadian, Shira Lazar and an inspiring speech by Payfirma‘s Founder and CEO, Michael Gokturk.
If you missed the event, you can see Shira’s interviews with the Founders from the top 4 Launch Party companies: Unbounce, Tiipz, Rocketr and Summify, highlights of the other 11 amazing LPGROW startups, snippets of a jampacked, lively room full of Canada’s best and brightest, and lots of bunnies hopping about.
Until next time…
It’s the announcement you’ve all been waiting for! Our awesome judges have chosen the 15 Finalists to demo their startups at Launch @ GROW on August 17th.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the companies. Without further ado, here they are:
Launch @ GROW’s 15 Finalists:
- Cargoh.com is a curated marketplace for independent artists and designers. View Cargoh.com’s entry.
- Food.ee is the easiest way to order take out and delivery food online. View Food.ee’s entry.
- Hipsell is the easiest way to buy and sell things. View Hipsell’s entry.
Hoseanna – Serving Busy Women Everywhere
- Hoseanna.com is the new auto-ship service that delivers the monthly essentials women have to (but sometimes hate to) buy. View Hoseanna’s entry.
- The Jostle™ SaaS platform is the modern way for employees to navigate their organization and be more effective contributors. View Jostle.me’s entry.
- MentionMapp provides powerful new ways to understand the rapidly changing social network. Starting with Twitter, MentionMapp displays the unique characteristics of how messages map, through the social community. View MentionMapp’s entry.
Rocketr – Social Notetaking
- Rocketr is a cloud-synced, web and mobile application, designed for social notetaking across your public and private groups. View Rocketr’s entry.
- Storypanda is building an iPad publishing platform for kids and parent to co-create kids stories together. View Storypanda’s entry.
- Summify creates a periodic summary of the most relevant news stories, from all of your social networks, and delivers it by email and on the web. View Summify’s entry.
Tiipz – A Social Platform for Micro Research
- The Tiipz plaform gives businesses a brand new way to reach out and gain insights from customers by creating and sharing Micropinions. View Tiipz’ entry.
ToggleMe with Tradable Bits Platform
- With ToggleMe, you can create custom Facebook Pages and Places in minutes, and use simple Apps to engage your fans/customers. View ToggleMe’s entry.
Unbounce – DIY Landing Pages
- The Unbounce Landing Page Platform makes it easy to create, publish and A/B test targeted landing pages without having to rely on IT or web developers. View Unbounce’s entry.
Warranty Life – Manage all your purchases & warranties for free
- Warranty Life provides free instant online access to receipts, product registration, warranty claim information and even manuals in one central place. View Warranty Life’s entry.
- Wishpond is a shopping search engine that brings together all the products your local stores carry. View Wishpond’s entry.
- ZapTap makes product-specific information and customized incentives available when and where in-store purchasing decisions are made. View ZapTap’s entry.
Techvibes will be highlighting each of these 15 startups in the coming weeks leading up to the event. They have already profiled Vancouver startup, Unbounce.
Also, if you are still looking for tickets to the Launch @ GROW Reception, there are a few left here on Eventbrite.
Feel free to leave some love for the finalists in the comments below!
The judge’s and community have spoken and it’s time to announce the winners in the LPV9 Startup Contest. A panel of 8 Judges casted their votes for the “Startup Most Likely to Succeed” and awarded Unbounce. From Judge Amar Varma’s comments: “Love that they are focusing on simplicity, and the creation of landing pages and not web pages in general. Identified a target niche market and are attacking it. Neat solution to bridge the gap between marketers and IT.” Kudos to Unbounce.
Photo Credit: Jeremy Lim
All of you have spoken and your votes went to Bootup Labs company Contractually.
Photo Credit: Jeremy Lim
Big shout out to the 9 demo companies who were hustling the entire evening and talking up the crowd. Great job! Thank you for making another Launch Party a fun and successful event. Stay tuned for our announcement of our next Launch Party Vancouver event.
Congratulations to the companies selected to participate in the Bootup Demo Days. All companies will present at the Canadian Financing Forum on January 28th, and again at a special event at the Plug and Play Tech Centre in Silicon Valley on February 3rd.
- Coincidence Labs: a stealth social commerce platform, with Giftolicious being the first platform app
- Mobify: a hosted platform for publishers to provide mobile views of their content
- Strutta: a hosted promotion platform that makes for easy online contests
- Unbounce: self-serve hosted landing pages with A/B testing and no developers required
The selected companies will give 10 minute investment presentations in front of angel and early stage investors, and will be joined by the 2009 graduating class from the Bootup Labs portfolio.
Are you an investor interested in attending or a member of the press wanting to cover the event? Please sign up to attend »
Companies and entrepreneurs interested in future opportunities like this, make sure you are subscribed to the Bootup Startup Event Notification List.