When we started LPV in September 2007, our goal was to shine a big bright light on the startup community and help connect entrepreneurs with investors, potential partners and their peers. Looking at photos from the last 9 events, it is clear that our community is growing and that the best of Canadian tech has consistently showed up to support and celebrate the latest crop of Internet startups in the great Northwest. It’s our hope that the startups you have seen demo at Launch Parties 1-9 will grow into the next generation of Canadian super angels.
Our ninth edition of Launch Party Vancouver on June 17th was definitely our biggest event yet. As Debbie Landa tweeted, LPV9 was definitely a “who’s who of Canadian tech.” We were thrilled to have Chris Albinson, Katherine Barr, Dan Martell, Debbie Landa, and Anthony Lee from the C100 fly up from Silicon Valley as well as Chris Arsenault and Shawn Abbott from iNovia Capital in the house. A great big thank you to all of our out of town guests for making the trek to Vancouver. Go Canada!
Put your hands together for…
We rely on public and private donations and a whole lot of sweat and sometimes tears to make this all possible. Many thanks to Sonia Ryan and volunteers Melissa Joaquin, Angela Baldonero, Tarlan Klo, Tina Hoang, and Laurent Munier for working the door and helping us set-up.
We could not do any of this without the backing of our LPV9 Partners:
- BCIC – the lead organization charged with advancing innovation and commercialization in British Columbia.
- Canpages – fastest growing local search company in Canada with a nationwide API for smart phone application developers.
- Clark Wilson – BC’s Law Firm for Business. Mark Longo & Brock Smith are the go to guys.
- HSBC – the world’s local bank with startup banking packages.
- Fasken Martineau – a leading international business law and litigation firm. Keith Spencer and Shahrooz Navabi are the real deal.
- Strutta – the platform for creating online contests and the brains behind the LPV9 Startup Competition.
- Lonsdale Rentals – the place to go for all of your corporate and private party rental needs. From bar rentals to glasses, they have it all.
- Pixstar – Pixstar Photo booths provide the perfect memento to remember any party.
- Mission Hill – Mission Hill has an amazing selection of Okanagan wines. They featured Rigamorole red and white at LPV9.
- Russell Brewing – committed to brewing 100% natural, real Canadian beer. And it shows!
- Jeremy Lim – Check out Jeremy’s awesome LPV9 photo set on Flickr and contact him for your event.
Our Media Sponsors rock:
- Techvibes – our favorite technology blog does an amazing job highlighting all of the LPV9 startups and covering daily tech news in cities across Canada and the United States. And best of all, Techvibe’s President & Editor, Rob Lewis always shows up as promised ——->
- Startup Digest – All you have to do is enter your email address and choose your favorite hubs to receive the best startup events in your inbox every week. Jon Chui runs the weekly Vancouver newsletter.
Thank you all for making LPV9 so great!