We kicked off the season with a bang at our 10th Launch Party Vancouver event on December 1st. There were many familiar faces as well as newcomers, who dropped by Canvas Lounge to check out some fresh Vancouver startups, mingle with friends and colleagues and even sit on Santa’s lap:
Launch Party is not just about the startups but about bringing our community together to have fun. Thank you so much for joining us and for showing the world that Vancouver is one of the best places to start a company. We hope you had as much fun as we did.
Please Raise Your Glass to:
We have said it before but it has to be said again – Our sponsors + a whole lot of love and passion are what makes all of our events and existence possible. If you are starting a company and need help finding the right lawyer, bank, SEO company etc, you should consider some of partners. They are giving back to the community and want to work with startups:
- Canpages – fastest growing local search company in Canada with a nationwide API for smart phone application developers.
- Clark Wilson – Mark Longo & Brock Smith are two of the best startup lawyers in town.
- Outcome 3 – Need help with SEO? Want to improve traffic and conversion rates, contact Outcome 3. This team has helped Bootup with our site and many other startups in town.
- HSBC – This bank is interested in working with startups and has inexpensive packages that could work for you.
- Fasken Martineau – Their office may boast one of the nicest views in town, but Keith Spencer and Shahrooz Navabi have definitely given back to the startup community many times. Good guys & lawyers.
- KPMG – Most startups may not need the services of a big accounting firm in the early days but KPMG wants to work with and support startups at an early stage. Don’t hesitate to reach out to learn how they can help you.
- FMC – Lawyer, Gal Smolar has worked in the Internet startup Industry for a long time and loves it. He moved to YVR via Israel. Reach out.
- Strutta – the platform behind the LPV10 Startup Competition. (disclosure: Maura & Danny are founders)
Big thanks to our Media Sponsors for helping us spread the word and share your startup stories:
- Techvibes – If you want to get the word out about your startup or an event, then look no further than local tech blog, Techvibes. Rob Lewis had to miss LPV10 (a 1st!!) to cover the Canadian New Media Awards in Toronto but as always, did a great job spreading the word ahead of time.
- The Next Web – Tris Hussey, who is now writing for the Next Web Canada did a great job interviewing of all of the LPV10 Startup Showoffs. Thanks Tris! If you haven’t seen their videos yet, check them out!
- Startup Digest – Jon Chui, the curator of YVR Startup Digest is doing an amazing job keeping us all informed of weekly tech events. If you are feeling out of the loop, sign up to receive your Monday morning update in your inbox every week.
We may be a small team by day but when we need help, awesome people like this always have our back:
- Jodi Day – talented UI Designer and member of Team Strutta, who makes us laugh and kept things rolling at the LPV10 door!
- Chrissy Chrzan – Communications Junkie, who happens to be new to Vancouver, made sure everyone got thru the line on time.
- Maral Artang and marketing pro, Nicole Steele helped check everyone in-and-out at LPV10.
- Laurent Munier – Big shout out to Laurent for helping us with event logistics and planning.
- John Biehler – Thanks for all the great snaps of LPV10, JB.
- Lyal Avery – For making sure Santa showed up on time and for always being there.
- Jeff Magnusson – For lending a hand with set-up and LPV10 candy canes for Santa. 🙂
And Last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST:
Sonia Ryan – is my right hand at Bootup. Thanks for hustling everyday and caring so much about Bootup and the startup community. You are the best. I have enjoyed working with you and watching you come into your own this past year. BAM! ❤
You can find more photos of the event on Flickr, of course. 🙂 Until next time, keep on rockin’ Vancouver