That’s right…it’s DemoCamp time!
DemoCamp is a lightening-pitch style event that puts your ideas in the ring and let’s the crowd duke it out. Think you have what it takes to out-pitch Vancouver developers, designers, and startup folk? Join us for the gauntlet that is DemoCamp!
#320 – 309 West Cordova St
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PT)
What Do I Bring?
You don’t need much; if you make the six minute round, you would be well served to have a PowerPoint or demo to show the crowd. It’s not required, but this is a good chance to demo what you’ve got!
It’s a pretty simple event. Show up, sign up to pitch your idea, startup, or product. Win or lose, have some fun and meet people who love ideas and building things.
- come in the door and post your demo/company idea on the board (or just come in and drink beer- it’s cool.)
- 30 minutes of meeting other attendees (promote your idea, get votes!)
- 30 second elevator pitches by all presenters
- attendees vote on the top five 30 second pitches. The winners move on to the next round.
- the five winners get six minutes to talk (time limit strictly enforced)
Who Should Come?
You don’t have to pitch, but you’re welcome to; if you’re working on something, just launched a new app, or cooked up something crazy on your way to the bar, all you need to do is put your name on the board. Riff for 30 seconds and enjoy all the other ideas that fly around during the evening.
Are you going to Startup Weekend this weekend? Bring your ideas and pitches with you to DemoCamp; it’s the perfect next step!
Think you’d like to get into GrowLabs, Y Combinator, or TechStars one day? Test your ideas on the crowd!
This event is a LOT of fun…don’t miss it!