At Launch Party Vancouver 5, we introduced the first ever LPV Startup Competition to provide the startup showoffs with additional exposure. It’s been a fun addition to our live event and a great way for the startups to reach people, who can not make it to LPV in person.
Vote for People’s Choice – LPV10
The 9 startup showoffs for LPV10 have all uploaded 2 minute videos about their companies and the polls have been open now for the past two weeks. If you have not voted for your favorite startup yet, go to the LPV10 Startup Competition Website and VOTE by 12pm, December 1.
The 3 startups with the most community votes right now are:
- Foodtree – a site that helps you discover where your food is from and connects you directly to it’s origin, so you can feel confident about the food you eat.
- Clinicbook – helps people find healthcare and check wait times at clinics in their area.
- Xkey – From fishing charters to adventure expeditions, activity operators use XKey to manage bookings, collect reservations, and generate bookings online, 24/7.
In addition, we select high profile judges for each competition, who invest in and/or have started their own Internet companies. Each judge takes the time to review and rank each video as well as provide valuable feedback to each startup. And as usual, we think the judges for LPV10 are kind of a big deal:
- Charley Lax – Co-Founder and Managing General Partner of GrandBanks Capital
- David Ascher – CEO, Mozilla Messaging
- Andre Charland – CEO & Co-Founder of Nitobi, creators of PhoneGap
- Dan Martell – Co-Founder of Flowtown and Angel Investor
- Ryan Holmes – CEO & Co-Founder of Hootsuite
- Mike Edwards, C0-Founder Sosido and Initio, Angel Investor