Next week, some of the world’s most influential designers will converge at the beautiful Vancouver Convention Centre for the Design Currency: Icograda Design Week 2010 conference to share experiences, inspire, engage and maybe even enrage creative professions.
This is NOT your standard design conference and we’re not interested in creative *stars* standing on stage flipping through portfolios or playing demo reels, regaling us with stories about their own career triumphs. – Mark Busse, Design Director of Industrial Brand and Co-Chair of Icograda Design Week 2010 Vancouver.
Design Currency has brought together a diverse selection of the world’s top design authorities—from business strategy to industrial design, illustration to architecture, branding to interactive user experience including:
- Editor of Innovation and Design at Bloomberg/Business Week (Helen Waters, USA)
- Design expert for the World Economic Forum (Gregoire Senkoff, France)
- Chief Creative Officer of COLLINS, a division of the agency that won Adweek’s Advertising Agency of the Year in 2010 (Brian Collins)
- Founder of Architecture for Humanity and 2006 TED Prize winner (Cameron Sinclair, USA/UK)
- Senior Creative Director for Philips Lighting (Oscar Pena, Netherlands)
Those behind this conference believe that more than ever, design has the power to influence our core values, our identity, our expectations and our worldview. If you are a leading edge designer, this is one conference you will not want to miss. There is still time to Register:
To promote the event and play off the ideas of currency and value, Icograda Events designed and printed over 2200 custom bills and fed them through a money counter to create this very cool stop motion animation video: