Please note that this event is not being put on by the Bootup Entrepeneurial Society but they were kind enough to let us use their blog to let YOU know about it.
Registration is open for Innovation Camp Round Two!
Why are ideas like zippers, chestnuts and sharks?
Find out at Innovation Camp – a creativity and innovation workshop designed to inspire entrepreneurial thinking. Entrepreneurs see problems as opportunities. The bigger the problem, the bigger the opportunity. At Innovation Camp, we practice techniques to create and implement solutions to problems and along the way, we build community and embrace imagination and innovation. During round one, participants raised $5000 in 7 hours for the Vancouver Food Bank! Innovation Camp is all about doing – there are no boring lectures, just engaging activities that stimulate your creativity and challenge you to think big and turn your ideas into reality. You’ll connect with brilliant people and work together to build on great ideas and find innovative solutions to real world challenges.
Here’s what people had to say about Innovation Camp Round One:
- “A great way to explore creative ideation and problem solving with a fun group dynamic.” – Quinn Ingram, musician with the band Your House
- “I was recharged, inspired, laughed and met really cool people. AND our workshop raised $5000 for the Vancouver Food Bank on a rainy Saturday afternoon!” – Cinci Csere, EAT Communications
- “I had the opportunity to network with inspiring people, exercise my creativity, and have fun. I received valuable feedback about how I work with other people, and took home some new tools for thinking outside the box.” – Sandra Trace, programmer writer at SAP
Check out InnovationCamp.org/workshops for pictures and details from Round One.
At Innovation Camp you will:
- learn techniques to view problems from fresh perspectives in order to identify opportunities
- apply those techniques in entrepreneurial situations and reflected on what was learned in the process
- receive clear, concise feedback on your ability to work as part of a team
- analyze and learn from failures in your own and others lives
- laugh and have fun!
Cost (for all 3 days): $125 for early bird tickets until November 10th. Regular price tickets are $149 after November 10th.
Dates & Times: (limited seating, max. 24 participants)
- November 24, Tuesday, 6:30pm – 9:30pm (includes sandwiches and tea/coffee/juice)
- November 26, Thursday, 6:30pm – 9:30pm (includes sandwiches and tea/coffee/juice)
- November 28, Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm (Note – all day session, includes sandwiches and tea/coffee/juice)
Location: Kontent Creative offices, 55 Water St, Vancouver, BC