Mike Lee, the VP of New Ventures at Rogers, will be presenting at DemoCamp 9. You’ll get an opportunity to hear what Rogers’ plans are to work with and support tech ecosystems across the country, and what their investment plans are. I’m hoping for a lively Q&A as well.
The second featured presentation will be Tim Bray. Tim is a technologist with a long history of being involved in interesting things. Although he’s based in Vancouver, he spends a lot of his time traveling and presenting around the world.
The presenting companies have been selected and are as follows:
- Recotype – Recotype is an open framework for requesting and receiving recommendations on Twitter
- Yummy Republic – a wireless platform to link take-out restaurants with internet to enable them receive online orders and send back confirmation to customer instantly. YummyRepublic includes bespoke GPRS terminals, and several servers to control those terminals.
- Troovy – a web and mobile-based local discovery platform. Users find recommended places and people based on their own travel and feedback patterns.
- Deets.me – cloudy contacts
- Layerboom – Layerboom provides hosting companies with a comprehensive software
platform which gives them the ability to turn their dedicated servers into virtual private server clouds.
Anyone else want to help plan / produce / source startups for DemoCamp? Leave a comment, we’ll do the next one in late November.